If you have people working for you, then you have employment law considerations
Whether your company is an international conglomerate or a "mom & pop" shop, if you have people working for you, then you face employment law considerations. Cokinos, Bosien & Young understands the unique challenges stemming from the multitude of state and federal employment laws, and its practice is aimed at answering those questions. Attorneys practicing employment law at Cokinos, Bosien & Young provide comprehensive and aggressive representation defending employers in employment litigation and administrative actions. Our Labor and Employment Group's attorneys advise employers from a variety of industries, including large-scale construction, industrial, manufacturing, and service providers. Cokinos, Bosien & Young's offers full-service labor and employment law advice designed to solve current problems and prevent future ones from arising.
Protecting employer interests
We represent clients in both state and federal court lawsuits, and also protect employer interests during the often-invasive administrative proceedings conducted by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Immigration and Customs Enforcement Division, U.S. Department of Labor, Texas Commission on Human Rights, and Texas Workforce Commission. Our attorneys have consulted for national and local groups on current trends and strategies in employment law, including the Associated General Contractors, Association of Builders and Contractors, the Houston Bar Association, and the Greater Heights Chamber of Commerce. Cokinos, Bosien & Young attorneys defend clients from:
- Title VII harassment, discrimination and retaliation claims;
- Claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act;
- Benefits disputes, including under the Family and Medical Leave Act and ERISA questions; and
- State companion statutes to federal laws.
Much more than litigation assistance
Cokinos, Bosien & Young attorneys provide more than litigation assistance. Our lawyers often help clients both pre- and post-judgment to enact proper employment practices, limit future liability exposure, and encourage a productive workforce. Cokinos, Bosien & Young's Labor and Employment attorneys provide valuable business counsel with employment-related ties. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting and revising employment manuals and company policies
- Reviewing hiring, termination, and employment-related decision practices
- Advising clients on fast-changing employment laws and their enforcing rules or regulations
- Speaking with a client's management to aid in implementation of good employment practices.
- Non-competition agreements
- Executive compensation packages
- Confidentiality documents and protections
- Intellectual property security agreements and disputes.